UI TN Direct Deposit
- Online filing for unemployment benefits for legal residents in the state of Tennessee
- To file a claim, applicants need a valid email address, telephone number, social security number and details of your previous employer (name and address)
- Applicants will also be asked to provide the reason why they were terminated from their previous employment
- Users can also file an appeal or update information in relation to a IU claim
- Applicants can file online between the times of Sunday 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Central Time AND Monday – Friday 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. Central Time
Tennessee Department of Labor unemployment program is an online-based program which helps unemployed people file for unemployment benefits. These benefits provide temporary financial assistance to people who were previously employed, but are no longer in employment due to reasons that were not their fault.
Requirements for filing for unemployment benefits?
- Applicants must have been employed in Tennessee in the past 12 – 18 months
- Must have been earning at least a minimum amount wages (as determined by the guidelines of Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development)
- Must be able and available to work for the duration you will be receiving the benefits
- Maximum eligibility will be between 13 and 26 weeks
After completing the online application for the benefits, your claim is submitted to the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development where your eligibility is determined.
UI TN Contact Quick Hits
Weekly certification can be conducted over the phone by dialing 615-532-1800, 1-800-689-9799 or 1-800-262-8094. Anyone who fails to certify will risk loosing their benefits and will have to reapply.
If or when a claim has been approved, poor people can start receiving a weekly check for the benefits. However applicants are required to file for weekly certification every week to receive benefits to help prevent fraud and over expenditures. Applicants are also required to be actively searching for a job (at least three searches per week). The search can be done at jobs4tn.gov.