Picchi v. World Financial Network Bank
- Landing page for information regarding Picchi v. World Financial Network Bank Class Action Settlement
- Settlement is pending in the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Case No. 11-61797
The case concerns Alliance Data Systems (ADS), Inc. and World Financial Network Bank and the allegations that they send pre-recorded messages to cell phones without the owners’ consent. Were the plaintiff able to prove these allegations, it would mean that ADS was in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Should the judge uphold the settlement at the fairness hearing, Class Members will receive a monetary payment. Members of the Class Settlement include anyone who received a postcard informing them of their status as a Class Member. Also, potential Class Members can check a phone records database located on the promotional page (see below). If their phone number is on the list, they are a member of the Settlement Class.
Important facts regarding the Picchi Class Settlement
- Class members include anyone who received an automated call on their cellular phone from World Financial Network Bank between 3/1/10 and 7/30/14
- Those who do nothing forfeit all rights to payment
- Claimants can write the court in order to voice any objections
- Excluding yourself from the settlement is the only way to pursue another lawsuit against the defendant
- The Picchi Claim Deadline is on 10/6/15
A final approval and fairness hearing regarding the Picchi claim will be held on 12/18/15 at 9:00 a.m. EST. in courtroom 12-2. Anyone who wishes to be a part of the Picchi settlement class must fill out a claim form before the date listed above. Claim forms can be submitted online via the promotional website.
Contacting the Picchi Class Settlement
- ILYM GROUP, Inc. 15331 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA 92618