Asset Acceptance TCPA Class Action Lawsuit
- Page contains information regarding the Fox v. Asset Acceptance, LLC
- Case is being adjudicated in the United States District Court Central District of California, Case No. 14-cv-00734-GW-FFM
- Submit an electronic claim form
This website aims to inform visitors about an upcoming settlement regarding the Fox v. Asset Acceptance, LLC class action litigation. The plaintiff brought the lawsuit against Asset Acceptance, LLC, alleging that the defendant called persons on their mobile phones without prior approval and used an artificial or prerecorded voice, which is in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Anyone who received a phone call from Asset Acceptance, LLC or any party acting on their behalf between 4/17/09 and 9/4/2015 is eleigible to be a member of the settlement class.
Your legal rights in the Fox TCPA Settlement
- You may submit a claim form electronically or by mail (deadline 12/28/15)
- You may request to be excluded from the settlement (deadline 12/28/15)
- You may object to the settlement (12/28/15)
- You may do nothing and receive no payment and forfeit your right to any settlement claim
The settlement terms involve a benefit package, a “common fund” made up of $800,000 in debt forgiveness and a cash amount of $200,000 dollars. These settlement benefits are to be divided up between the class members after the incentive award is paid to the plaintiff, Ann Fox. If the class member does not owe money to the defendant, then he or she is eligible for a share totaling no more than $1,500. Those who wish to submit a claim form online can do so by visiting the promotional page (see below). The court will hold a final approval hearing on 2/18/16 to determine whether or not to grant final approval of the settlement.
Contacting the Fox TCPA Settlement
- c/o Heffler Claims Group P.O. Box 440 Philadelphia, PA 19105-0440