National Mortgage Settlement SunTrust Claim
- Allows class members associated with the United States of America, et al. v. SunTrust Mortgage Inc. lawsuit access their account online
- The lawsuit revolves around misconduct regarding SunTrusts mortgage servicing and foreclosure practices
- The case number is 1:14-cv-01028-RMC
- Any questions about the case can be directed to the National SunTrust Settlement Administrator by phone 1-866-590-8532 or via email SettlementAdministrator@NationalSunTrustSettlement.com
- Please allow up to 72 hours to receive a response via email
The National Mortgage Settlement SunTrust Claim is a lawsuit that result from the great US Financial Collapse in 2007 where banks supposedly preyed on easy targets (aka dumb people taking out dumb loans). United States of America, et al. v. SunTrust Mortgage Inc. was tried in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and a whopping $500,000,000 (about $40 million in direct payments will be distributed to foreclosed borrowers) settlement pool was declared by SunTurst.
- Class members had until 6/4/15 to file a claim
- According to the SunTrust settlement website, eligible loans will receive a minimum payment of approximately $850
- Anyone who did not receive a notice but feel they were A ELIGIBLE CLASS MEMBER should call 1-866-590-8532 ASAP
- Residents in the state of Oklahoma are not allowed to receive a settlement as Oklahoma was the only state NOT to join the class action lawsuit
- The SunTrust mortgage settlement was reached in June 2014 and took effect in September 2014
- SunTrust was accused by class members of signing the documents without having a notary present
Class members in the National Mortgage Settlement SunTrust Claim are defined as anyone who was a SunTrust borrower who was foreclosed upon between the dates of 1/1/08 through 12/31/13. Many experts in the industry blame dumb people for taking loans out they could not afford as they should have known they had little or no chance to make the payments in the future.