Unemployment OK Weekly Claims
- Poor people in the state of Oklahoma can file their weekly claim online
- This site requires the use of Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 as your minimum browser version
- Those who do not meet the minimum browser requirement WILL NOT be able to file an OK IU claim online
- Any questions or issues can be directed to the state via mail at: PO Box 52006, Oklahoma City, OK 73152-2006
- Claims can be filed for one or more past weeks
Please be sure to copy the confirmation number once the Unemployment claim has been filed as this is proof that the claim has been accepted. Those who have not filed an initial claim will not be allowed to file a weekly claim… to file a claim please visit the “New Unemployment Claim” from the Oklahoma Unemployment HOME PAGE.
Helpful information when filing for OK Weekly Claims?
- The law provides penalties for false statements including penalties for perjury about citizenship status
- The weekly claims process will take about 5 minutes to complete
- All information provided by the OK resident will be recorded and an electronic file will be maintained in the IU database
- Any questions about the claim process can be directed to 525-1500 for those who live within the Oklahoma City area while those calling long distance can dial 1-800-555-1554
- Accounts with no activity for 180 days will be removed from the OK Weekly claims system
- Unemployment Insurance payments are taxable
- Residents filing an initial claim in the state of Oklahoma will need to provide the name and address of the last business/company they worked for along with the reason they no longer work at that company (i.e. fired, quit, the company went belly up)
It should be noted that the state of Oklahoma offers Disaster Unemployment Assistance due to the states tendencies to attract tornadoes. This program is intended to help workers in the major disaster area get back on their feet and provide them with funding until they can start working again.