My BK Now
- Receive bankruptcy counseling with 1st Choice Counseling and Education
- Courses offered online and by phone
- Consult a dedicated staff of financial pros
Few things can upend a life like bankruptcy can. Not only does filing for bankruptcy protection affect a person’s finances, but it is a long drawn-out process that can take a huge mental toll. That’s where 1st Choice Credit Counseling and Financial Education comes in. Since 2005, this organization has helped average folks comply with the bankruptcy code by offering online and phone courses, financial education and housing counseling. It’s through these programs that 1st Choice Credit Counseling and Financial Education helps heal the emotional and spiritual toll that bankruptcy can take on a person. 1st Choice keeps a dedicated staff of seasoned professionals on hand to ensure this quality service.
Course information and details
- Pre-filing $32 online
- Pre-discharge $25 online ($40 phone)
- Credit counseling $32 online ($40 phone)
- Personal financial management course $25 ($40 phone)
- All courses approved by the U.S. Department of Justice
- All courses meet requirements for those filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection
Folks can sign up for any of the 1st Choice Counseling and Education courses mentioned. 1st choice meets all the requirements set forth by the U.S. government. These rules state that those filing for bankruptcy protection must complete credit counseling before filing, and they must do so through an approved non-profit credit counseling organization. The personal financial management course on offer from 1st choice is required after filing for bankruptcy protection. This is generally required within 45 days after the bankruptcy hearing. The course is two hours and can be completed online. It is not possible to fail the course.
Contacting 1st Choice Counseling and Education
- 1-877-692-5669 (general info)
- 2049 Marco Drive, Camarillo, CA, 93010