United Airlines and Marriott Rewards Plus:
- United Airlines and Marriott Hotels have promotional offers for their reward account holders which allows signup between the two reward programs
- Marriott Platinum Elite members can visit the Rewards Plus website to sign up for a MileagePlus Account and will automatically receive Silver Status once signed up
- United Airlines Mileage Plus members who are Premier Gold Status can sign up for the Marriott Rewards program and will automatically receive Gold Elite Status
- Both rewards accounts are free to join and you can continue to earn points for each account individually if you sign up for either account
United Airlines and Marriott both provide their customers with reward programs which can be used to earn reward points/miles which can be used for future purchases with the respective company. The United Airlines Rewards Program is known as United MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards is the Marriott Program. Both of these programs are available at no cost to consumers but you will need to register an account with your information to keep track and earn rewards.
If you have either account you may be eligible to sign up for the other account at a higher tier than otherwise would be available for new sign up. Additionally, members with both accounts have the opportunities to earn additional incentives by having both reward accounts. For instance, reward members can transfer your Marriott Points to MileagePlus Miles at a discounted rate when you are members of both programs (promotions may change so check for latest offers prior to converting points or miles).
Additional Perks of the United MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards Programs:
- United MileagePlus members may be eligible for Priority Boarding, Upgraded Seat offers, and free checked bags during flights with United Airlines
- Marriott Reward members may be eligible for room upgrade opportunities, lounge access, and Wi-Fi upgrades