American Airlines AAdvantage Get Gold Status:
- American Airlines AAdvantage members can register to become a Gold Status by using the sign up code they received prior to June 30th, 2017 (offers may be reissued if AA chooses to continue promotion)
- Once you have registered for Gold Status you will be able to travel using your Gold Status benefits through September 22, 2017 which also has the option to be extended
- Your Gold Status can be extended through January of 2019 when you earn 7000 Elite Qualifying Miles and $1,000 of elite qualifying dollars before September 22, 2017
- Gold Status AAdvantage members receive a number of advantages for their Gold Status including complimentary upgrades on seating when applicable
Most airlines provide some sort of rewards program and it just so happens that American Airlines also has a rewards program for their frequent flyers. The AAdvantage provides customers with rewards that can be used on future flights with American Airlines. The Gold Status provides customers with even more opportunity to earn rewards and at times American Airlines provides members with offers to upgrade your status such as through a mailed offer.
To claim your Gold Status upgrade you will need to have been provided with a promotion code. If you visit the promotional site and log in to your AAdvantage account using your account number and password you can then enter your promotional code to begin the upgrade process.
More Information About American Airlines and AAdvantage Gold Status:
- Gold members receive 7 miles per each dollar spent which is a 40% bonus over the award miles otherwise received through the AAdvantage program
- Gold Member status also provides customers with 1 free checked bag, priority check-in, and preferred seat upgrades when available
- If you have not signed up for American Airlines AAdvantage you can do so for free by visiting American Airlines website and joining their rewards program