Peg Perego Settlement
- Offers information about Hofmann v. Peg Perego U.S.A.,Inc. class action lawsuit
- This is case number 3:14-cv-2227-CAB-JLB
- It is being adjudicated in the Southern District of California
The Hofmann v. Peg Perego U.S.A., Inc. class action lawsuit alleging that baby-product manufacturer Peg Perego U.S.A., Inc. violated California law(as well as other states’ laws) by dubiously labeling its lines of children’s vehicles as “Made in the U.S.A.” This mislabeling is prohibited under California and/or federal statutes.
Finer points regarding Hofmann v. Peg Perego U.S.A., Inc. class action lawsuit
- Anyone who purchased a Peg Perego riding vehicle for children in the U.S. between 8/11/10 and 12/31/14 is eligible to join the class action lawsuit
- All objections in the Peg Perego U.S.A., Inc. litigation are due by 9/15/15
- Peg Perego U.S.A., Inc. has agreed to a proposed settlement of $5,000 to class representative Eric Hoffmann
- Class members who submit a valid claim will receive a child’s safety vest product valued at $20.
- Settlement Class members who agree to the settlement will give up all claims against Peg Perego, U.S.A., Inc.
- Claim filings are due by 9/28/15
If the children’s vehicle contained a “Made in the U.S.A.” label at the time of purchase, then this violates state and.or federal statutes. This is because the product failed to include a qualified label informing potential buyers that it was made “In U.S.A. from global parts.” However, it’s worth noting that Peg Perego U.S.A., Inc. has denied all allegations in the complaint and has agreed to the settlement without admitting guilt.
Contacting Peg Perego Settlement
- Hofmann v. Peg Perego U.S.A., Inc. Claims Administrator P.O. Box 40007
College Station, TX 77842-4007
Potential Class Members can find a number of legal documents and claim forms related to the case in PDF format.