Green Dot Prepaid Debit Card Service Disruption Settlement:
- Some account holders who had a Green Dot issued prepaid debit card experienced a service disruption between May 15, 2016 and May 22, 2016 and may be part of this settlement
- This disruption was the result of service conversion which resulted in a longer than anticipated interruption of services resulting in customers being unable to access their funds
- The interruption affected some prepaid debit cards issued by Green Dot as well as Walmart Prepaid Debit Cards which were issued by Green Dot at the time of disruption
- Claim forms must be submitted by mail or through the online claim form submission process in order to be considered a part of the claim class eligible for settlement
Green Dot provides various prepaid debit cards to consumers which are re-loadable cards which can have funds added and used for future purchases or ATM withdrawals. These types of cards have become very popular with consumers as an alternative to credit cards and traditional checking account debit cards. If you were using a Green Dot issued prepaid debit card and experienced interruption of use during May 15th, 2016 through May 22nd, 2016. Eligible class members may have received notice with your claim number in order to complete your claim before the claim deadline of Dec 2nd, 2017.
Members of this class action lawsuit can visit the main settlement page to learn about their options and review the options available to them which include filing a claim or excluding yourself from the settlement. Online claims can be filed through the main settlement website.
More Details Regarding the Green Dot Service Disruption Class Action Settlement:
- The defendant has maintained that they are not responsible for the claims made in the lawsuit but a settlement has been reached to avoid further court proceedings
- The dates listed on the main settlement webpage reflect the most current information which would not account for any appeals which may occur