Activate Capital One Credit Card:
- Activate a card by accessing an existing Capital One account or by registering for a new account
- This service is designed for Capital One customers who just received a new credit card in the United States or Canada
- The service is operated by the Capital One family of companies, including Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. and Capital One, N.A., who are all member FDIC
- It should be noted customers attempting to activate a Capital One debit card will have to access the Capital One debit card activation page
If you are enrolling for the first time you will need several pieces of information in order to complete the enrollment process. In order to begin you will need your Capital One Account number. To verify your identity you will need to provide your social security number (SSN). You will also need the security code located on the back of your new card (3 digit code). Lastly, you will need to provide a valid email address which will be associated with your account and used for account management feature such as password recovery and account email correspondence.
Any questions about the Capital One service can be directed to 1-800-CAPITAL (1-800-227-4825) or for general correspondence please write to: Capital One Attn: General Correspondence PO Box 30285 Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0285.
Additional Information about Capital One and Capital One Credit Card Activation:
- If you already have an existing account you can login using your account username and password which will direct you to your account management and card activation
- Replacement cards also require activation for security purposes (activated cards will not be mailed to customers)
Capital One is an US financial firm specializing in the issuance of credit cards and to a lesser extent home loans, auto loans, banking and savings products. The firm is based in Tysons Corner, VA and was founded in 1994.