Membership Rewards Your Charges
Customers can use their American Express member points to pay for purchases such as eating out, grocery shopping and retail purchases such as purchases made at Besy Buy, Bloomingdale’s or Target. In order to use the points on purchases customers must have a minimum over 1000 points saved up.
Points for Charges Features
- The Your Charges program is designed for those with a Basic Consumer and OPEN Card Membership and are enrolled in thee U.S. Membership Rewards program
- In order to use the program the customers card (credit) MUST be in good standing
- AMEX is under no obligation to the customer make charges available for redemption using Membership Rewards points
- It will take up to 48 hours for the credit to be applied to the customers bill
- Any questions about the “Membership Rewards Your Charges” can be directed to a AMEX customer care agent at 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276)
- Points will only become available after the card holder has paid their current bill
- Membership reward points do not expire and cannot be transferred from one account to another
- Most AMEX card account can be linked to the Rewards program besides Corporate cards
- Points can be redeemed starting at 1000 but most customers will want to wait as larger rewards kick in at higher levels i.e. Travel Certificates start at 3,000 points
The membership reward program comes with MOST American Express credit cards meaning MOST customers will not have to enroll. Points may be forfeited if the card holder is late making a payment but can have the points reinstated for a flat $35 fee.
American Express Quick Hits
- American financial service firm
- Makes a majority of profits in the credit payment card industry
- Phone: 212-640-2000 OR Fax: 212-640-0404
American Express employs over 50,000 full time employees and are headquartered at 200 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10285. The firm markets credit cards to customers with good to great credit and avoids subprime credit card offers like the plague.