PenFed Do Better
- Become a member of PenFed Credit Union
- No military service required to join
- Earn incentives and rewards like low APYs as well as discounts and savings
When people think of credit unions, they tend to think of exclusive financial institutions that are out of the reach of most folks. And where it regards Pentagon Federal, a Credit Union known for providing financial services for military personnel, well, non-military members can be a little intimidated. But not all of PenFed’s 1.4 million customers are members of the armed services. In fact, many are average civilians looking for bonuses and incentives not offered by traditional banks. From checking accounts to car loans to credit cards and home mortgages, there isn’t a financial institution out there that can compete with PenFed. Residents of the Alexandria, Virginia would do well to consider their services.
Some of the many financial incentives provided by PenFed
- 20% annual percentage yield with a daily checking account balance of less than $20,000
- Members earn dividends on deposits
- 24/7 banking access from your tablet or smartphone
- 56,000 free ATMs across the country
- Overdraft protection
On top of all this, PenFed offers a ton of other benefits and incentives. For example, members enjoy nearly 4X the national average on returns on Money Market Certificates. Also, there’s no fee on balance transfers for the first 12 months you’re a member. And all of this is to say nothing of PenFed’s award-winning Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Card, a credit card that offers an abundance of rewards and points, including credits on groceries and gasoline. As far as auto loans are concerned, PenFed members can purchase a new car on a 36-month payment plan at 1.49% APR. New car refinancing can be had at the same rate.