Justice Class Action Settlement:
- Class action settlement has been reached in regards to a lawsuit in which is was claimed Justice misled customers with discount advertisement
- Justice has denied all claims however those included in the class action suit have legal rights for possible cash payouts
- In order to receive any cash payment or voucher a claim must be submitted
- The deadline to submit a claim in order to be eligible for benefits is April 4th, 2016
- The final approval hearing on this settlement will take place on May 20th, 2016
Justice is a clothing store which has locations across the United States. This lawsuit arises over whether or not Justice Misled customers when they advertised prices of “40% off” the the price in question was alleged to simply be the regular price of the advertised items. This lawsuit applies to all purchases to residents of all US states whether purchases were made online or in store.
The official case is Rougvie, et al. v. Ascena Retail Group, Inc., et al., Civil Action No. 2:15-cv-00724-MAK. The defendent is the parent company of Justice Brand, Tween Brand Inc who operates the Justice stores.
Additional Information about this Lawsuit:
- Eligible class action members will have shopped at Justice between January 1, 2012 through February 28, 2015
- Cash awards will be provided to members of the class who submit a claim before the deadline – cash payout varies depending on your status in the class action suit
- The claim form can be completed online prior to the deadline in order to be included in the settlement
- To file a claim you can either provide the access code you received in relation to the lawsuit or simply complete the claim for without the submission of an access form