USPS Informed Delivery Notification System:
- The United States Postal Service has introduced Informed Delivery as a system which allows individuals to view the paper mail they receive through their email
- As of April 14th, 2017 the USPS has rolled this system out in the majority of zip codes across the United States however there are some zip codes where the service is not yet available
- To determine if you are eligible to participate in Informed Delivery you can simply enter your zip code at the Informed Delivery Main Page and you can see if the service is available
- The Informed Delivery does not provide the inner contents of your mail – a scanned image of the piece of mail is sent to your email when you enroll in the service
In order to participate in the Informed Delivery Service Provided by the United States Postal Service you will need to create an account with the USPS. If you already have an account you can log in using your username and password and proceed with the Informed Delivery set up process. This service allows registered users to view black and white images of their mail directly from their email without having access to their mailbox.
The Informed Delivery service provided by USPS is a convenient way to check your mail when you may not be able to access it at home. For instance, if you are on vacation and need to keep an eye out for an important piece of mail you can easily check your delivery each morning through the email provided by their service.
Additional Information Regarding the USPS Informed Delivery Service:
- In order to view your mail you will need to log in to your account using your account ID and password which provides security to ensure only you can view your mail
- The Informed Delivery service is a new service which was only available to certain metro areas for Beta testing but has since expanded to most of the country