Lennox Evaporator Coil Lawsuit Settlement
- Provides info regarding the Thomas v. Lennox Industries Inc. settlement
- Case is being adjudicated in United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, Case No. 13 CV 7747.
- File a claim form online
The Lennox Evaporator Coil Lawsuit Settlement concerns Lennox Industries and the allegation that they manufactured and sold defective evaporator coils for air conditioning systems. Plaintiffs allege that Lennox manufactured and sold various HVAC and heat pump systems containing the aforementioned defective coils, which were particularly susceptible to corrosion. Plaintiffs further claim that the defendant knowingly sold defective coils and they should have remedied the issue by manufacturing them with coated copper or aluminum. For the record, Lennox denies any and all allegations made by the client, and is settling to avoid a protracted lawsuit.
Other details regarding the Lennox Evaporator Coil Lawsuit Settlement
- Claims must be filed by 2/1/16
- Exclusion deadline is 10/28/15
- Deadline for objections is 10/28/15
- Final approval hearing is scheduled for 12/2/15 at 9:30 a.m.
- Settlement class is open to anyone who purchased Lennox evaporator coils from 10/29/07 to 7/9/15
Those who wish to file a claim form online can do so by visiting the promotional page. (See below) Class Members must complete the online form by 2/1/16, or up to 60 days after receiving installation of a replacement coil. As part of the settlement, Class Members are eligible to receive a one-time $75 service rebate, a replacement coil and $550 reimbursement for labor. All Class Members who receive their settlement are covered under Lennox’s expanded warranty.
Contacting the Lennox Evaporator Coil Lawsuit Settlement
- Thomas v. Lennox Industries Inc. Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 43374, Providence, RI 02940-3374