edd ca disability
- Find info on California employment services at www.edd.ca.gov
- Mange payroll taxes online
- Apply for unemployment insurance benefits
For over 70 years, the Employment Development Department has been the state’s center for distributing federally funded aid to Californians. Through unemployment insurance and job training, the EDD is dedicated to helping those without jobs to find gainful employment, and these services affect millions each and every year. Moreover, the EDD is the state’s largest tax collector, and as such, they work directly with employers. Businesses can file their payroll taxes online, and the EDD administers the funds. All that’s required is for employers to create an account with EDD, and they will have access to any number of e-services geared towards businesses.
Other services on offer from EDD
- Helping economically disadvantaged Californians to become self-sufficient
- Assisting the disabled through SDI and UI programs
- Delivering unemployment insurance benefits via the EDD debit card from Bank of America
- Provide California labor market info
- Offering statewide workshops, job training and career guidance to those who would like to improve their skills
The primary goal of EDD is to bring job seekers and employers together. To facilitate this process, they have created the CalJOBS system. This is an online resource accessible by those searching for work as well as those employers who are looking for qualified staff. Through CalJOBS, job seekers can upload their resume, filter job searches by type, set up email or text alerts whenever there is a job opening, research potential employers and more. On the other side, employers can use CalJOBS to post job openings and view resumes. CalJOBS also provides a wealth of employment info, and offers links to relevant webinars and videos geared towards workers and employers.
- Employment Development Department, P.O. Box 826880 – UIPCD, MIC 40, Sacramento, CA 94280-0001 (unemployment insurance)
- Employment Development Department, Taxpayer Assistance Center, P.O. Box 826880, Sacramento, CA 94280-0001 (employer tax assistance)
- 1-888-745-3886 (employment tax)