Chavez Insurance Settlement
- Get a piece of the Chavez Settlement and file a claim today
- The settlement revolves around the Chavez vs Young America Insurance
- The lawsuit alleged that the company’s rejection forms for uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage did not properly explain the options policyholders had when selling them the policies
- Young America Insurance has denied any liability in the matter, claiming that the policyholders were provided with accurate and enough information regarding their policies
- The company has however agreed to settle the case to avoid costs and risks of the ongoing litigation
Class members in the settlement are defined as any and all policyholders covered by Young America insurance after June 24, 2015 in New Mexico, and who signed a rejection form uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage after February 28, 2013. Other people covered by the policies, for example, passengers who were in the vehicle at the time of the accident can also file for a claim.
More details about the case?
- Eligible class members will receive a payment of 150% on the benefits due to them for medical expenses, lost wages and/or property damage as a result of an accident with uninsured or underinsured driver
- A final fairness hearing for the settlement was held on May 27, 2015 by the Second Judicial District Court of New Mexico and the settlement agreement determined to be fair
- Class members are required to file for claim in order to receive the settlement benefits
- The claim form can be downloaded from Chavez Insurance Settlement aka the class administrators web portal
- Class members may be required to provide medical and employment information in order to be eligible for the benefits
- The claim form should be mailed to Young America Settlement, P.O.Box 10082 Dublin, OH 43017-6682 by June 20, 2015
Any questions regarding the settlement agreement can be forwarded to the settlement administrator, Young America Settlement Administrator, by dialing 1 (855) 382-6409 or via US Mail at P.O. Box 10082 Dublin, OH 43017-6682. One of the lawyers representing the class counsel is the notorious GORDON H. ROWE III.