Banking Barclays US
- Open an online banking account with Barclays
- Choose a regular savings account, a Barclays Dream account, or a high-yield CD
- Manage all your Barclays accounts online
Barclays is one of the leading financial services providers out there, with a proven track record of success. It has been around so long, in fact, that it pre-dates even the United States. And throughout the years, Barclays has always changed with the times. They are doing so again by offering their valued customers the opportunity to open an account online. With Barclay’s, it’s never been easier to manage personal finances while on the go, be it from a laptop computer or handheld smartphone. The best part is that opening an online account is easy and takes just a few minutes.
How to open a Barclays online account
- Visit banking.barclaysus.com and click on the “Open an Account” option located in the top-right corner of the screen
- Select whether you’d like to open a savings account or CD
- Select whether it is a single account or jointly managed
- Enter personal information when prompted
- Create a username and answer a security question
- Enter the account and routing number of your current bank account (these can be found on your paper statement)
- Enter your initial deposit amount
The great thing about Barclays savings accounts and CDs is that there is no minimum deposit amount. There are other benefits as well. For example, a standard Barclays savings account offers an interest rate 10 times higher than the U.S. average, and there’s no minimum monthly deposit. Those who open a Barclays Dream account will earn bonuses and perks for adhering to smart savings plans. And anyone who opts for a CD will enjoy the piece of mind that comes from a stable, high-interest rate.