ADT Home Security Class Action Settlement:
- A class action settlement has been reached with ADT Home Security in a case regarding customers who were provided services between November 13th, 2009 and August 15th, 2016
- This settlement is centered around sensors which were used for home security that plaintiffs alleged were vulnerable to evasion and jamming citing this information was not fully disclosed
- These wireless sensors were used by ADT for customer security – no ruling was made by a court but instead a proposed class action settlement was reached with the assistance of a mediator
- Members of this class would only include consumers who purchases home security directly from ADT and had a system that made use of one of the mentioned wireless sensors
Class action settlements are very common these days and at times can be a useful mechanism to avoid lengthy and costly legal battles in court. This class action suit involving ADT Home Security requires class members to submit a claim in order to be included in any settlement. All claims must be submitted by February 26th, 2018 in order to be eligible to receive any portion of the proposed settlement. The deadline for excluding yourself from this claim is January 2nd, 2018.
Claims can be completed online through the main class action settlement website. Follow your way to the online submission link and you will be required to provide your claim number and the first three letters of the first name indicated on the notice your received. Notices will primarily be provided through email but claims can be completed without a Claimant ID as well.
Here Are Some More Details Regarding The ADT Home Security Class Action Suit:
- A total of $16 Million has been agreed to be paid by ADT for consumers affected by this settlement
- Only members of the class who complete the claim form and submit the form will be eligible for payment – no action will result in no payment or inclusion in the claim
- Complete details and the most up to date info can be found on the main settlement website