- Provides details about the Hendricks v. StarKist Co. class action lawsuit
- Settlement provides that StarKist will pay cash and vouchers
- Submit a claim form online
The Hendricks v. StarKist lawsuit has to do with allegations that the StarKist Company under-filled various 5-ounce cans of its tuna products from 2009 to 2014. As part of a settlement, StarKist has agreed to pay cash and vouchers to members of the Settlement Class. It is worth noting that StarKist maintains they have done nothing wrong and did not under-fill their cans of tuna fish. Both parties are agreeing to the Proposed Settlement to avoid a costly, protracted trial. The court has not made any factual rulings on this particular lawsuit.
Additional details regarding the Hendricks v. StarKist class action lawsuit
- Settlement class is open to people who purchased StarKist products between 9/19/09 to 10/31/14
- Starkist products include chunk white tuna in water or oil
- Starkist products include solid white tuna in oil
- Exclusion deadline is 11/20/15
- Objection deadline is 11/20/15
- Claim filing deadline is 11/20/15
- Final approval hearing is 12/17/15
The plaintiff for the case, Patrick Hendricks, claims that StarKist violated U.S. federal law by under-filling their cans of tuna. As part of the settlement, StarKist will pay eight million in cash and four million in product vouchers. Those who submit a claim are eligible for either a cash payment of $25 or product vouchers worth $50. Members of the Settlement Class who would like to submit a claim form can find one online at the website mentioned above. Those who do not submit a claim form will not receive any settlement benefits.
- Hendricks v. StarKist Co. Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 40007, College Station, TX 77842-4007