Tom’s of Maine Product Settlement
- Provides information regarding the Allison Gay, et al v. Tom’s of Maine, Inc. Class Action Settlement
- Case is being contested in the Unite States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Case No. 0:14-cv-60604-KMM
This case concerns allegations by the plaintiff that Tom’s of Maine mislabeled certain of its products by identifying them as “natural.” Tom’s of Maine products include such things as toothpaste, antiperspirant, sunscreen, body wash and shampoo. A Settlement Class has been established, and members of it are entitled to certain benefits and possess certain legal rights. For their part, Tom’s of Maine has denied all of plaintiff’s allegations concerning the legitimacy of labeling their products “natural,” and have agreed to the settlement to avoid burdensome litigation.
Additional relevant details of the Tom’s of Maine Product Settlement
- Approval of the Tom’s of Maine settlement occurred on 9/9/15
- Class Members include anyone who bought a covered product from Tom’s of Maine between 3/25/09 and 9/23/15
- Class members are eligible to receive benefits from a $4.5 million settlement fund
- Final approval hearing in the Tom’s of Maine Product Settlement is on 1/28/16
- Deadline to submit a claim form in the Tom’s of Maine Product Settlement is 5/7/16
It was mentioned above that the settlement fund contains $4.5 million. Individual Class Members are entitled to an amount of up to $28 per individual. On top of this, Tom’s of Maine has agreed to make changes to its website as well as its labeling in order to conform to the rules of the settlement. Those Class Members who do opt for a payment will need to submit a form online, by mail, or fax.
Contacting the Tom’s of Maine Product Settlement
- Tom’s of Maine Settlement Administrator, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614