Roof Settlement GAF Timberline Shingles
- Contains details about Building Materials Corp. of America Asphalt Roofing Shingle Products Liability Litigation
- This is MDL No. 8:11-mn-02000 in the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- A settlement offer has been preliminarily approved
Anyone who owns property outfitted with GAF Timberline roof shingles manufactured between 1998 and 2009 is a potential Class Member. Plaintiffs contend that roof shingles manufactured by GAF Timberline on these dates lacked durability, and were prone to premature cracking, splitting and tears. It’s worth noting that GAF maintains there were no issues regarding quality, and they offered robust warranties to cover any issues related to their shingles.
More Details Incoming
- Settlements comprise two classes involving shingles made in plants in Mobile, Alabama, as well as other manufacturing plants
- Anyone with GAF shingles manufactured between 1/1/99 and 12/31/09 is eligible to join the Settlement Class
- Settlements cover cash payments for damages incurred
Potential claimants must determine whether their GAF shingles were manufactured in Mobile, or elsewhere. To glean this info, check the shingle-bundle packaging for a code. Absent packaging, examine a single roof shingle for markings or codes. Absent codes, check any warranty claims. Those who submitted a warranty to GAF and were informed by the company that they were eligible to be a claimant in the Brooks v. GAF Materials Corp. class action lawsuit have already been determined to have shingles made in Mobile. Otherwise, certain residents of certain states are unlikely to have GAF shingles made in Mobile.
Potential claimants have access to a glut of info documents in the form of settlement agreements, preliminary approval orders, notices, and consent orders. They are all on PDF and available on the website.
Contacting GAF Timberline Shingles Settlement
- 866 759-6518
- GAF Timberline® Shingles Settlement, P.O. Box 70 Philadelphia, PA, 19105-0070
- G. Solomons III, firstname.lastname@example.org (Mobile Settlement Coordinating Class Counsel)
- Shawn M. Raiter, email@example.com (Non-Mobile Settlement Coordinating Class Counel)