Immigrant Visas State Case Status
- Apply or check the status of a U.S. Citizenship application online
- The service is operated by the NVC aka National Visa Center
- Applicants must complete a petition (I-130, I-140, etc.) for an immigrant visa
- Please allow for 6 to 8 weeks before contacting the NVC
- All withdrawal request must be submitted in writing
An attorney is not required to apply but the applicant may do so by filing form G-28 which is a Notice of Entry of Appearance. Any questions about the NVC or the immigrant application process can be directed to (603) 334-0700 OR by mail at: National Visa Center Attn: WC 31 Rochester Avenue Suite 200 Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915.
Popular visa categories?
- Temporary Workers/Employment or Trainees
- International Cultural Exchange
- Athletes. Artists & Entertainers
- Crewmembers i.e. Airline, Ship
Visa fees start at $160 and may go as high as $2250.00 depending on the application type. No fee is charged for U.S. government employees travelling on official business, Applicants for A, G, C-2, C-3, NATO, and diplomatic visas (defined in 22 CFR 41.26) and Applicants for J visas participating in official U.S. Government-sponsored educational and cultural exchanges. The average cost of a Visa is right around $200.