Activating Your New Costco Anywhere Credit Card:
- Costco card holders will receive notice that their credit card through Costco and American Express will be transitioning to a Citi Bank Visa Card
- Your new card can be activated at this website and a new online account can be created through Citi which will allow you access to you credit card account information online
- On June 20th 2016 Costco Credit Cards will officially be transitioned over to the new card and the former Costco American Express Cards will be deactivated
- The new Costco Anywhere Card through Visa allows Costco Cardholders to use their card anywhere Visa is accepted receiving the cash back benefits of this card
Costco is a large retailer that provides consumers with an extensive range of product including bulk grocery type items. Costco is known for their competitive prices and their generous cash back credit card. Starting in June 2016, Costco will be completely revamping their credit card program to the benefit of customers. This new card provides additional cash back on purchases compared to the prior program.
To ensure a smooth transition with your new credit card, the most important thing to do is to confirm receipt of the card once you have received it in the mail. You can do this online or by phone but keep in mind that when you are activating your credit card, you will need to have the credit card on hand to confirm the account number. You will also be asked to verify your identity such as by providing the last 4 digits of your social security number.
More information about the Costco Anywhere Visa Credit Card by Citi:
- Users receive 4% cash back on gas purchases – this is available through the first $7,000 spent on gas in the year, after that you will receive 1% cash back
- Cardholders also receive 3% cash back on restaurant and travel purchases, 2% cash back at Costco locations, and 1% back on all other purchases where Visa is accepted
- No additional credit check is required for cardholders who are current Costco American Express members – transition is automatic