Nationstar Assurant Force-Placed Insurance Lawsuit Settlement
- Offers information regarding the Braynan v. Nationstar Mortgage class action settlement
- Case No. 14‐cv‐20726‐GOODMAN, United States District Court Southern District of Florida Miami Division
- Claim deadline lapses on 10/15/15
The Braynan v. Nationstar Mortgage class action suit centers on the aforementioned mortgage provider regarding lending practices that occurred between 1/1/08 and 1/30/15. Anyone who was charged by Nationstar Mortgage during this time period is eligible to be a member of the settlement class. The plaintiffs accuse Nationstar of dishonest practices regarding lender-placed insurance. An LPI insurance policy is required for those seeking a residential policy or home-equity line of credit. Plaintiffs allege that Nationstar employees ignored unacceptable or non-existent insurance policies in order to receive commission “kickbacks” from the defendant.
What to know about the Braynan v. Nationstar Mortgage class action settlement
- Both plaintiff and defendant have agreed to a settlement in exchange for Nationstar borrowers releasing the defendant from liability
- All affiliates of the defendant during the Class Period are excluded from the settlement
- Those Class Members who opt out of the Nationstar settlement will not be able to bring a lawsuit against them at a later date
- An online claim form can be accessed via the promotional page (see below)
The terms of the Braynan v. Nationstar Mortgage class action settlement are as follows: defendants will pay a cash or credit award in the amount of 12.5% of the net premium billed to the claimant during the Class Period. This is contingent on whether or not the claimant presents a valid claim form. The Braynan v. Nationstart Mortgage class action settlement is separate from the National Mortgage Settlement, and as such it does not affect the rights of NMS claimants.
Contacting the Nationstar Assurant Force-Placed Insurance Lawsuit Settlement
- Braynan v. Nationstar Mortgage c/o Heffler Claims Group P.O. Box 540, Philadelphia, PA 19105-0540